FG BEA Scholarship: This article is about Federal Government Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for Nigerians to Study Abroad 2022/2023.
So, if you want to know about this scholarship award, Eligibility and how to apply read till the end.
The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu hereby, invite all the interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2022/2023 Nomination Interview for Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for undergraduate and postgraduate studies abroad.
- Undergraduate tenable in Russia, Morocco, Hungary and Egypt;
- Postgraduate tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Romania.
Federal Government BEA Scholarship Fields of Study
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), Pilot Engineering, Neurologist and
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) in all fields.
Federal Government BEA Scholarship Criteria & Eligibility
- UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Seven (7) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2020 & 2021) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2021) only. The age limit is from 17 to 20 years.
- POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted; and
- Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
NOTE (For all Applicants):
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign Language course of the Country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction;
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference and must visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu which was opened 18th November 2021 to close 15th January 2022. Complete the application form online,
- All applicants for the Russian Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia;
- All Applicants to upload the following certificates online
- UNDERGRADUATE (UG): WAEC/WASSCE
- POSTGRADUATE (PG): 1st Degree Certificate, Masters Degree WAEC/WASSCE, Indigene letter & NYSC discharge Certificate.
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit the following to the Federal Scholarship Board:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of the current International passport;
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals;
- Birth Certificate & Indigene letter
- Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
How to Apply
The steps below are on how to apply for FG BEA Scholarship Award for Nigerians;
- Visit the Federal Ministry of Education’s website education.gov.ng and click on READ MORE on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page:
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
- Print the completed Application Form
OFFICIAL PHONE NUMBERS/E-MAIL:
Application Deadline: January 31, 2022.
If you think this post can be helpful to someone else, please share it. There are buttons below for easy sharing and ask any questions using the comment section below.