This page provides everything you need to know about the 2022 WAEC GCE.
WASSCE for Private Candidates, 2022 -First Series would be an urban-based examination. It is intended to help candidates who have deficiencies in their WASSCE results, bridge the gap. Nineteen )19) subjects would be available for the examination.
Prospective candidates are advised to visit the Council’s Corporate website – www.waecnigeria.org to confirm available examination towns and subjects before obtaining the registration PIN.
How to Apply for the WAEC GCE 2021
Candidates are expected to pay a registration fee of Eighteen Thousand Naira (N18,000) only, at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the Registration PIN and Information VCD:
- Access Bank Plc
- Ecobank Plc
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- First Bank of Nig
- First City Monument Bank Plc
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- Heritage Bank Plc
- Jaiz Bank
- Polaris Bank Ltd
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
- United Bank for Africa Plc
- Unity Bank Plc
- WEMA Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
Also, candidates will be required to pay a Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) commission to the banks/accredited agents.
After obtaining the Registration PIN, candidates should log on to https://registration.waecdirect.org/ for registration.
NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (NIN):
- Each Candidate is expected to have a National Identification Number for the Registration exercise.
CANDIDATES WITH SPECIAL NEEDS:
- Candidates with special needs will also register online like other candidates but they must clearly state their Impairments e.g Visual, Low vision, Spastic, Speech, Hard to hear, etc
COMPLETION OF REGISTRATION:
- Candidates MUST conclude registration within two weeks of first access to the website during the registration period. They should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth and subjects are correct. They are also to print the Admission Notice, as Evidence of successful registration, which will serve as identification during the examination. The Result Checker PIN will also be on the Admission Notice. The acceptable fingerprint Scanner is UareU digitalPersona fingerprint device.
- Candidates should also note that the 2022 WAEC GCE registration procedure has been designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centres.
- Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination
- Candidates should note that the registration fee is not refundable
- Candidates should continue to check the website for the examination Timetable
- Entries must be uploaded with passport photographs captured with a digital camera. The specification of the digital camera should be Microsoft HD 3000. The passport photographs must be of good quality BLACK & WHITE OR COLOUR (JPEG File only, 275 by 314 pixels with 72 dbi resolution) and with a CONTRASTING BACKGROUND. There must be no obstructive items. Please note that the submission of a defaced or poor quality photography by a candidate would automatically invalidate the entry of the candidate. For further details, visit www.waecnigeria.org
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses for the examination which they can download from WAEC website (www.waeconline.org.ng) using the Registration PIN
- Candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination halls
- The entire result of candidates who sit for the examination in more than one centre will be cancelled -Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall
- Any Candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone(s) and /or any other electronic gadget(s) will have his or her entire results cancelled
- Candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploading as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. Request for amendments will NOT BE entertained on any information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration.
- Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original Admission Notice
- Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled but may be prosecuted
- Candidates must ensure they provide valid email and telephone number(s) during registration
- All Candidates be prepared to observe all COVID-19 Regulations
- WAEC GCE registration period begins on 20th December 2021 and ends on 21st January 2022 at 12.00 midnight.
- Walk-in registration is Thirty Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (N30,500.00) only per candidate. Registration must be done not less than twenty-four hours to the scheduled time of the paper(s) intended to sit for.
If you think this post can be helpful to someone else, please share it. There are buttons below for easy sharing. Also, feel free to ask any questions via the comment section below.