The Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON), in conjunction with the MTN Foundation (MTNF), announces entrance examinations for the Fifteenth (16th) set of the MTNF/MUSON Diploma course in music for the 2022 – 2023 academic year. The MUSON School of Music is staffed and equipped to meet international standards in music education.
The examinations will take place from September 6th – September 12th, 2022 and will take the form of:
- A written examination in Music Theory at appropriately grade 5 standard and general music knowledge.
- An audition on a major instrument or voice of at least grade 5 standard before a faculty or jury.
- An oral interview.
MTNF/MUSON Diploma Course Admission Requirements
Applicants for the MTNF/MUSON Diploma course in music are expected to possess the following minimum academic requirements:
- The General Certificate of Education (GCE) ordinary level with credits in at least five (5) subjects including English language.
- The Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) with credits in at least 5 subjects including English language.
The five (5) credits must have been obtained at not more than two (2) sittings and before admission to the Diploma course.
- PRACTICAL: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of the MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON School such as ABRSM or Trinity.
- THEORY: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of the MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON SCHOOL.
NOTE: Applicants who possess the above Practical or Theory certificates must also satisfy the GCE (O/L) or SSCE requirements.
Interested applicants who are deficient in the theory requirements but display an outstanding practical ability in the opinion of the Faculty/Jury may be considered for admission, but must enrol in the remedial theory course to meet the necessary standard by the end of the first year.
How to Apply for MTNF/MUSON Music Scholars Programme
Applicants are to submit completed forms and attach passport photographs scanned to – email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
All applications should reach,
MUSON School of Music,
8/9, Marina, Onikan,
On or before August 21, 2022.
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified by August 21, 2022, and given an examination number that permits them to take examinations, auditions, and interviews. Successful candidates from the examinations will be invited for admission.
PLEASE NOTE THAT MUSON SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FINAL SELECTION OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES!!!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.