Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme
The Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme is a fully-funded scholarship possibility for South African students to pursue a Master’s degree at one of all of Ireland’s world-magnificence higher training institutions and applications for 2023/2024 entry will open on 4 July 2022.
What is a Scholarship?
A scholarship is a financial aid offered to a student, primarily based totally on educational success or different standards which could encompass financial need, for the motive of schooling.
About Kader Asmal Fellowship
This flagship programme of the Irish Embassy in South Africa is a part of Ireland’s Department of Foreign Affairs’ large Ireland Fellows Programme. The Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme is designed for South African early-profession specialists with leadership potential.
The scholarship widely helps leadership for the Sustainable Development Goals, with key priorities together with the development of women’s leadership potential and women’s participation in STEM.
Furthermore, the Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme targets to support students who might now no longer in any other case be capable of pursuing a Master’s degree education in Ireland, and graduates of traditionally deprived universities and universities of the technology are recommended to apply.
Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme Eligibility
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must:
- Be a resident national of South Africa;
- Have a minimum of two years of relevant work experience (this can include internships and volunteering);
- Hold honours level academic qualification from an accredited and government-recognised higher education institution, with a minimum grade point average of 75% – i.e. a first-class honour, or second-class honour, grade 1 (in some cases a second-class honour grade 2 may be accepted);
- Not already hold a qualification at master’s level or higher. Not currently undertaking a programme at master’s level or higher, or be due to start a programme at master’s level or higher in the academic year 2022/23;
- Be applying to commence a new course at master’s level in Ireland no sooner than August/September 2023;
- Be able to demonstrate leadership abilities and aspirations, as well as a commitment to the achievement of the SDGs within your own country.
- Have identified and selected two relevant courses from the Ireland Fellows Programme Directory of Eligible Programmes;
- Have a clear understanding of the academic and English language proficiencies required for both courses chosen;
- Must not have applied for the Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme on more than one previous occasion;
- Be in a position to take up the Fellowship in the academic year 2022/23.
Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme Benefits
The Kader Asmal Fellowships will cover:
- university application fees
- tuition fees
- examination and other fees
- economy travel to and from your country of residence to Ireland;
- settling in allowance, book allowance and study allowance
- a monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover other living expenses for you only and
- the costs of an entry clearance (student visitor visa) application
When will Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme Start?
Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme Applications for 2023/2024 entry will open on 4 July 2022.
How to Apply
All applicants who’re selected to continue to the second stage might be required to take an IELTS examination except if they have already gotten an IELTS certificate this is much less than 365 days antique on the time of application and indicates the applicant has performed the specified rating for the direction to which they intend to apply. Even for local English speakers, early practice for the IELTS examination is strongly advised.
The deadline to submit applications is 3 August 2022.
If you think this post can be helpful to someone else, please share it. There are buttons below for easy sharing and ask any questions using the comment section below.