APPLY NOW FOR STANFORD BIODESIGN INNOVATION POLICY FELLOWSHIP FOR 2023-2024!
The Stanford Biodesign Innovation Policy Fellowship ambitions to teach the subsequent era of fitness coverage experts who can be capable of use modern new technology to enhance affected person effects even as democratizing get admission to to treatment.
Technological improvements have the ability to substantially enhance affected person fitness and healthcare shipping even as additionally increasing get admission to and reducing costs. Policymakers’ movements and judgments will affect how – and the way quickly – this promise is realized.
However, so that you can boost up the fitness sector’s technological transformation, destiny policymakers will want to higher recognize the position of key public coverage influencers, the motivations that power their behavior, and the handiest strategies for gaining their legislative and regulatory support, inclusive of new funding, quicker coverage, and affordable stages of reimbursement.
The Stanford Biodesign Innovation Policy Fellowship’s goal is to teach aspiring coverage leaders at the manner of fitness generation innovation so that you can higher put together them for this task. Simultaneously, their Innovation Policy Fellows will behavior essential studies at the effect of coverage on fitness generation improvement and uptake so as to tell legislative and regulatory tactics in the United States and during the world.
Their challenge is to teach and enhance policymakers’ careers in order that they’ll make contributions to balanced, data-pushed selections that assist realize the entire ability of technological innovation in the fitness sector.
Stanford Biodesign Innovation Fellowship Eligibility
- Candidates of any citizenship are welcome to apply. However, selected applicants must be authorized to work for any employer upon notification of acceptance to the fellowship.
- They are seeking applicants with diverse backgrounds from health systems, quality and regulatory environments, health technology start-ups or corporations, or government. An advanced degree (MS, MPH, JD, MD, RN, or PhD) and 3-5 years of relevant work experience (or post-graduate study) is preferred.
- They look for individuals with a strong desire to pursue careers in health policy and a demonstrated interest in health technology innovation. Previous research and publishing experience are recommended but not required.
- They are seeking candidates with exceptional leadership ability, initiative, and strong written and verbal communication skills who are inquisitive, enterprising, and persuasive.
Stanford Biodesign Innovation Fellowship Benefits
- Compensation for the 2023-25 Innovation Policy Fellowship will be approximately $5,464 per month, plus a one-time $1,000 computer stipend. This amount is enough to cover basic room and board during the fellowship period.
How to Apply for Stanford Biodesign Innovation Fellowship
Innovation Policy Fellows are selected via a competitive application and interview process. Recruiting for the 2023-25 program will begin in June 2022, with applications due Thursday, September 22, 2022. Interviews will be held Thursday, October 27, 2022 from 8:00 am until 1:00 pm Pacific, with a virtual evening welcome event on Wednesday, October 26, 2022 from 5:00 to 7:00 pm Pacific. If you intend to submit an application, please hold these dates/times on your calendar.