UNILAG African Cluster Centre Fellowship
Have you been looking for a scholarship opportunity? Here is the right website for your scholarship updates and more!
The African Cluster Centre at the University of Lagos (Nigeria) is now accepting applications from eligible scholars for its 2022 postdoctoral fellowship in African and Diaspora Studies. The final date for submission of applications for the UNILAG African Cluster Centre Fellowship is November 30, 2022.
The Lagos African Cluster Centre invites applicants for a one- to three-month Visiting Fellowship starting in January 2023. Scholars fascinated in ‘Reconfiguring African Studies’ via multidisciplinary engagement are recommended to attend.
UNILAG African Cluster Centre Fellowship Intention
The Fellowship’s intention is to reveal students to the procedure of reconfiguring African Studies inside the context and realities of Africa.
The scholar turns into a Fellow of the Lagos – African Cluster Centre because of the scholarship (ACC). Fellows might be predicted to have interaction with the above subject via way of means of re-inspecting fundamental assumptions and thinking about them with multidisciplinary strategies so that it will enhance, uphold, or brush aside contemporary information approximately Africans at the same time as demonstrating the multiple-ness in African discourses.
UNILAG African Cluster Centre Postdoctoral Fellowship Eligibility
- Applicant should hold a PhD degree, by the time of application;
- Have conducted research, as part of the PhD and/or in later projects; with a focus on Africa;
- Be actively pursuing an academic/research career;
- Be published in a chosen area of speciality;
- In accordance with visa regulations, be ready to return to the country of which the applicant is a citizen and/or a current resident upon completion of the fellowship.
- Applicants must be based in an African Academic Institution, preferably in any of the ACCs and the University of Bayreuth.
UNILAG African Cluster Centre Postdoctoral Fellowship Benefits
Fellowship shall include:
- A return ticket (economy class).
- A monthly stipend to cover living expenses in Lagos.
- Travel insurance in Nigeria
- Accommodation at the University of Lagos: single room with shared facilities.
- The use of (shared) office facilities and of library facilities.
How to Apply
Kindly submit an application package containing the items below in one PDF document to [email protected] with the Subject: VISITING FELLOW 2023.
The Application Package should include the following:
- Information Page including
- First Name, Surname
- Date of Birth
- Current Home Address
- MA Degree(s) (Discipline, University, Year)
- PhD Degree: (Discipline, Dissertation Title, University, Year)
- Current Employment
- List of any relevant paid positions in the last five years
- Name of Lagos-ACC Principal Investigator (PI) that you would like to collaborate with
- CV (listing five relevant publications;)
- Research proposal (should contain)
- Title of research proposal
- Research proposal (max. 1500 words):
- Scholarly and/or applied relevance to Lagos-ACC interest (max 500):
- Work plan
- The state intended research activities during the fellowship, month by month and note that the Research area must be linked to one of the six Research Sections of the Cluster. The plan should state the intended outputs of collaboration, such as events, Lectures, publications, etc.
- Two letters of recommendation, (one should be from the present employer)
- A statement from a Lagos-ACC PI stating his/her willingness to collaborate with you.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Applications must be submitted in English. The deadline for applications is November 30, 2022.
If you think this post can be helpful to someone else, please share it. There are buttons below for easy sharing and ask any questions using the comment section below.