The West African Research Association (WARA), in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation’s Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowships Program, is presently taking applications from emerging scholars from West Africa. The closing date for the submission of applications is August 14, 2022.
The West African Research Association (WARA), in partnershipwith the Mastercard Foundation, is thrilled to announce the release of its Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowship programme, so as to offer monetary help to promising younger students from West African countries.
This programme displays our shared dedication to increasing possibilities for rising West African students, individuals who are remodeling thoughts into energetic answers to the vicinity’s and the world’s demanding situations.
West Africa, just like the relaxation of the world, has an abundance of highbrow resources. Universities are instructional hubs for scientists, historians, artists, and social scientists. Young students withinside the vicinity are carrying out groundbreaking studies in agriculture, technology, the humanities, and a number of different fields.
They are poised to offer modern answers to the demanding situations posed through our times’ converting climate, demographic shifts, and cultural transformations. The Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowship programme will assist those younger students with their studies projects.
Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowships Eligibility
- Open to doctoral students under age 35 who are based in West African institutions of higher education, for research on the continent.
- Research can be conducted anywhere on the African continent.
- Priority will be given to research projects focusing on women, technology, and entrepreneurship.
Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowships Award
- The Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowship program will award three doctoral research grants of $4,000 each.
How to Apply for Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowship Program
Application materials include:
- Project abstract (50-80 words)
- 1500 word proposal
- Two letters of recommendation
- A statement explaining how your research will contribute to meeting critical needs on the continent
All applications must be submitted online.