FUTO CUT OFF MARK: Following the scrapping out of post UTME by the federal government, the Joints Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) had given a benchmark of 180 and above for candidates applying for Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education. Hitherto, the Federal University of Technology Owerri has followed suit in the 180 general Cut off Mark of JAMB.
Before we proceed let’s know the meaning of Cut Off Mark.
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF CUT OFF MARK?
We noticed that students don’t really understand the meaning of cut off marks. Every year, students often ask this question so today we will briefly explain what cut off mark is.
Cut off mark is the mark set by the authority or board that conducts AN exam, which is considered as the passing or clearing level of the exam. Based on cut off candidates are shortlisted for the further stages of the selection process.
So FUTO Cut Off mark is the specific mark set by the University authority which is considered as the passing level for any candidate to be qualified for any course.
FUTO JAMB CUT OFF MARK 2021/2022
Generally, aspirants often ask this question. What is the jamb cut off mark for FUTO? Well, the general uniben cut off mark Is 180.
So when you sore above 180 you will stand the chance of getting admission. But note that those that scored 200, 250, 280 will have the chance of coming out in the first list.
Note: FUTO Cut Off Mark is the higher your score, the higher the chance of being admitted.
FUTO CUT OFF MARK FOR Courses 2021/2022
The Federal University of Technology Owerri does not really have a specific cut off mark for courses. However, candidates who have scored a minimum of 180 in the UTME examination are eligible to apply for admission into any of their choice courses.
Below are courses offered in the university as well as their cut off mark;
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering 220 and above
- Mechanical Engineering 220 and above
- Petroleum Engineering 210 and above
- Futo post utme cut off mark for Computer Science 210 and above
- Civil Engineering 210 and above
- Information Management Technology 210 and above
- Chemical Engineering 200 and above
- Optometry 200 and above
- Biochemistry 190 and above
- Dental Technology 180 and above
- Public Health Technology 180 and above
- Prosthesis & Orth. Technology 180 and above
- Project Manag. Technology 180 and above
- Industrial Microbiology 180 and above
- Geology 180 and above
- Material & Met. Engineering 180 and above
- Polymer & Textile Engineering 180 and above
- Agricultural Engineering 180 and above
- Food Science & Technology 180 and above
- Biotechnology 180 and above
- Agric Economics 180 and above
- Transport Management Technology 180 and above
- Maritime Management Technology 180 and above
- Financial Management Technology 180 and above
- Biomedical Technology 180 and above
- Industrial Physics 180 and above
- Industrial Chemistry 180 and above
- Biology 180
- Mathematics 180 and above
- Science Laboratory 180 and above
- Statistics 180 and above
- Agric. Extension 180 and above
- Animal Science Technology 180 and above
- Crop Science Technology 180 and above
- Fishery & Aq. Technology 180 and above
- Forestry & Wildlife Technology 180 and above
- Soil Science Technology 180 and above
- Building Technology 180 and above
- Environmental Technology 180 and above
- Landscape Architectural Technology 180 and above
- Quantity Surveying Technology 180 and above
- Surveying & Geoinformatics 180 and above
- Urban & Regional Planning 180 and above
Also see: FUTO School Fees Schedule
FUTO 2021/2022 ADMISSION SCREENING NATURE
The Federal University of Technology Owerri holds her admission screening exercises within a week or a couple of weeks and it usually comes in two phases. Students who applied to study in the school are to quickly proceed for the pre-screening exercise immediately it is announced by the school management in other to be on a safer side.
Documents required for the pre-screening exercise are:
- SSCE result.
- JAMB registration print out.
We strictly advise candidates to arrive early and locate his/her screening venue on time in other not to say had I know. Note that candidates will be screen based on their JAMB scores and their SSCE results.
The second phase of the screening is after the admission lists might have been released. Candidates who have merited the admission will be invited for another screening exercise.
REQUESTED DOCUMENTS FOR SECOND SCREENING
- Original copies of their educational qualifications (Statements of Results/Certificates).
N/B: Cases of awaiting results will NOT be accepted.
- Birth Certification/Age Declaration.
- A letter of good conduct from your Village Head or a responsible member of your
community/or civil servant not below Grade Level 10 or equivalent in the private sector.
- Certificate of Local Government of origin; and this notification of admission status slip.
The Federal University of Technology Owerri is a specialized and purpose-oriented institution with its main thrust as Science and Technological Development aimed at training and equipping high-level skills and technical manpower for contributing significantly to the development of the society and promoting national economy and progress.
If you think this post can be helpful to someone else, please share it. There are buttons below for easy sharing and ask any questions using the comment section below.