140 is the current UTME Cut off Mark for UNICAL. The University of Calabar (UNICAL) a university situated in Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria is inviting candidates who made UNICAL their first choice in the 2022 UTME for admission into their various choice of departments.
Following the scrapping of post UTME by the Federal government, the Joints Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) had given a benchmark of 140 and above for candidates applying for Universities. The University of Calabar (UNICAL) has followed suit in the 140 general cuts of the mark of JAMB.
Candidates with higher scores are first considered in admission basics, candidates with lower scores though might meet the cut-off mark of 140 may likely not be admitted. In fact, it is the higher your scores, the higher the chance of being admitted.
Before we proceed, let’s know the meaning of Cut Off Mark.
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF CUT-OFF MARK?
We noticed that students don’t really understand the meaning of cut-off marks. Every year, students often ask this question, so today we will briefly explain what the cut-off mark is.
The cut-off mark is the mark set by the authority or board that conducts an exam, which is considered the passing or clearing level of the exam. Based on the cut-off, candidates are shortlisted for the further stages of the selection process.
So UNICAL Cut Off Mark is the specific mark set by the University authority which is considered as the passing level for any candidate to be qualified for any course.
UNICAL JAMB Cut-Off Mark 2022
UNICAL Departmental cut-off mark is 140. Any changes to this cut-off mark will be updated on The University of Calabar website. It has been stated that only candidates who put UNICAL as their first choice are eligible to apply.
UNICAL Cut-Off Mark 2022
The management of the University of Calabar (UNICAL) has released the cut-off mark for the 2021/2022 academic session admission exercise.
Only the candidates who scored 140 and above in the Joint Admissions & Matriculation Examination and who have chosen the University of Calabar as their First Choice in their application for admission are eligible for the post-UTME screening exercise.
The cut-off mark for all the under-listed degree courses at the University of Calabar (UNICAL) is 140. Only candidates, who scored at least 140 are eligible to apply for the degree courses listed below:
- ADULT EDUCATION:
- AGRIC-ECONOMICS AND EXTENSION:
- AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING
- AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND EDUCATION
- ANIMAL SCIENCE
- APPLIED CHEMISTRY
- APPLIED GEOPHYSICS
- BANKING AND FINANCE
- BUSINESS EDUCATION
- BUSINESS MANAGEMENT/MANAGEMENT SCIENCE
- CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- DENTISTRY AND DENTAL SURGERY
- DOCTOR OF PHARMACY
- EDUCATION AND BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND CHEMISTRY:
- EDUCATION AND ECONOMICS
- EDUCATION AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- EDUCATION AND FRENCH:
- EDUCATION AND GEOGRAPHY
- EDUCATION AND HISTORY:
- EDUCATION AND MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION AND PHYSICS
- EDUCATION AND POLITICAL SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- EDUCATION AND SOCIAL SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND SOCIAL STUDIES
- EDUCATION ARTS:
- EDUCATION TECHNOLOGY
- EDUCATIONAL / PSYCHOLOGY GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
- EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND PLANNING
- EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATIONS
- EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY
- EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY
- ELECTRONICS AND COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY
- ELEMENTARY EDUCATION
- ENGLISH AND LITERARY STUDIES
- ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION
- ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AND RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- ESTATE MANAGEMENT
- FISHERIES AND AQUACULTURE:
- FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT:
- GENETICS AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
- GEOGRAPHY AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
- GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
- HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
- HOME ECONOMICS AND EDUCATION
- HUMAN ANATOMY
- HUMAN KINETICS AND HEALTH EDUCATION
- HUMAN NUTRITION AND DIETETICS
- HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY
- LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- LINGUISTICS AND COMMUNICATION STUDIES
- MASS COMMUNICATION
- MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE:
- MEDICINE AND SURGERY
- NURSING/NURSING SCIENCE
- PEACE AND CONFLICT STUDIES
- PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
- POLICY AND ADMINISTRATIVE STUDIES
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- PUBLIC HEALTH TECHNOLOGY
- PURE CHEMISTRY
- RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY
- SOCIAL WORK
- SOIL SCIENCE
- SPECIAL EDUCATION
- SURVEYING AND GEO-INFORMATICS
- TEACHER EDUCATION SCIENCE:
- TECHNOLOGY AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
- THEATRE ARTS
- TOURISM STUDIES
- URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING:
If you think this post can be helpful to someone else, please share it. There are buttons below for easy sharing. Also, feel free to ask any questions via the comment section below.