LEAP Africa Youth Day of Service: Youth Day of Service (YDoS), founded by LEAP Africa, is an annual week-long pan-African youth-led social impact campaign that begins on August 12 every year, which is also ‘International Youth Day.’
YDoS is meant to spark the agency and creativity of younger people throughout Africa in the course of sustainable development, in addition to promoting a way of life of communal aid and community development.
The week-length campaign promotes volunteerism amongst youth and encourages them to be lively change agents in their communities non-stop. This year’s campaign theme is ‘Youthful and Useful.’
LEAP Africa Youth Day of Service Eligibility
- Open to African youth, aged 13-35 years;
- Youth actors/leaders, Youth-led or youth-focused organizations, Development foundations, Corporate organizations, and Individual donors can participate.
- No prior volunteering experience is needed to participate in the Youth Day of Service. All you need is a heart to serve and collaborate with other people.
- Applicants must be passionate about the SDGs, willing to give back to their community and join a fantastic network of youth African change makers.
LEAP Africa Youth Day of Service Benefits
- As a project lead, you can carry out any community-based project that other people can join, such as cleaning of a local environment, providing welfare to underserved communities, painting a school, educating women on sexual health in a community, hosting workshops or webinars to support the SDGs, and so on.
- As a volunteer, you can choose to join an existing project of your choice.
How to Apply for LEAP Africa Youth Day of Service
You can register your own project, sponsor a project, or volunteer for a project. To learn more, please visit youthdayofservice.org.
For more information or inquiries, please send an email to email@example.com
If you think this post can be helpful to someone else, please share it. There are buttons below for easy sharing and ask any questions using the comment section below.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.