Global Cleantech Innovation Programme: United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) Global Cleantech Innovation Programme (GCIP) 2022 is calling for applications from cleantech startups looking to scale their business and enhance their market competitiveness.
Are you a cleantech startup seeking to expand your operations and increase your market competitiveness? Apply to Global Cleantech Innovation Programme (GCIP) to gain access to crucial networks, industry experts, and individualised business assistance.
The Global Cleantech Innovation Programme (GCIP) is a United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)-led and Global Environment Facility (GEF)-funded initiative that promotes cleantech innovation and entrepreneurship to address the most pressing climate and environmental issues.
Climate change is an international problem that calls for instant attention. Moreover, the want for assets and electricity keeps growing, mainly in growing markets and growing economies. A country’s capability to recognize its low-carbon improvement ability can be hindered with the aid of using its insufficient use of cleantech breakthroughs. Adoption of a leap forward smooth era is critical for weather motion without compromising financial and commercial growth.
Although cleantech innovators have the boundless ability for brand spanking new thoughts, they often war to commercialize their solutions. Innovators and Startups withinside the cleantech enterprise often come upon ambitious barriers while trying to commercialize their thoughts and scale their businesses. Lack of technical support restrained get admission to funding, a vulnerable cleantech ecosystem, a vulnerable coverage regulatory environment, and institutional impediments, amongst others, have averted the bulk of innovators from escaping the “Valley of death.”
GCIP bridges this “valley of death” by providing competition-based business acceleration services for innovative cleantech start-ups and SMEs, connecting firms with private sector investors, and creating innovation- and entrepreneurship-enabling ecosystems.
UNIDO Global Cleantech Innovation Programme Eligibility
- Open to all Nigerian-based cleantech startups and innovators;
- Startups should have:
- An already developed innovative technology-based product (prototype or an existing solution in the market)
- A solution that falls under any of the following cleantech categories with particular attention to solutions that improve energy access in underserved regions:
- Energy Efficiency
- Renewable Energy
- Waste Beneficiation
- Green Buildings
- Advanced Materials and Chemicals
- A well-rounded and committed team with complementary skills.
UNIDO Global Cleantech Innovation Programme Benefits
- Access to high-impact capacity-building sessions delivered by innovative business and cleantech leaders.
- Linkage with mentors and industry experts for targeted advisory support along the journey.
- Access to capital through relationships with strategic investors, VC firms, and other financing institutions.
- Opportunity to actively contribute to the national and global cleantech innovation ecosystem.
- Amplify your impact through National and Global events and showcases.
- Opportunity to scale your innovative cleantech solution in Nigeria and beyond through strategic linkages.
- Connection with large-scale cleantech companies across the globe for possible collaborations.
How to Apply for UNIDO Global Cleantech Innovation Programme
Interested cleantech startups who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Application Deadline for Startups: July 21st, 2022
If you think this post can be helpful to someone else, please share it. There are buttons below for easy sharing and ask any questions using the comment section below.