DELSU postgraduate admission form is N31,000.00 (thirty-one thousand naira) only, and the deadline for the submission of applications is Saturday, 31st December 2022. See the requirements below.
The management of Delta State University (DELSU) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into its postgraduate programmes (Postgraduate Diploma, Professional Master, Academic Master and Doctor of Philosophy Degrees) for the 2022/2023 academic session.
DELSU Postgraduate Admission General Requirements
- Candidates for postgraduate studies must have a degree or its equivalent from a Senate-recognized institution. They must have also obtained at least five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics in WASC, NECO, GCE (Ordinary Level), or NABTEB at not more than two sittings. Passing in English or Mathematics is not acceptable. Also, ACE and TC II are not acceptable. (No equivalent to WASC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB). Please note that there will be no waiver for anybody seeking admission into any of the programmes.
- A candidate applying for PhD in any programme must have obtained at least a weighted average score of 60% overall.
- Candidates applying for academic Master’s Degrees (M.Sc., M.Ed., M.A. and LL.M.)must be holders of a bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from Delta State University or any other accredited university with at least “Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree recognized by Senate.
- Candidates applying for a professional Master’s Degree must be holders of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from Delta State University, Abraka or any other accredited university with at least a Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree recognized by Senate or a Higher National Diploma with Upper Credit from a Senate-recognized polytechnic.
- Candidates for Postgraduate Diploma must be holders of a bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from Delta State University or any other accredited university with at least a “Third Class Honours” degree or an HND (Lower Credit) recognized by the Senate.
- M.Phil degree Programme: The Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) is an advanced Postgraduate research master’s programme based entirely on the taught course and an independent thesis under the guidance of an academic supervisor. The M.Phil Degree can be used to gain entry into a PhD programme. M.Phil Degree is on its own and there is no conversion from M.Phil to PhD. However, an M.Phil degree can be used to gain entry to a PhD Programme.
- Duration: The duration of the M.Phil programme is twelve (12) months for a regular or full-time M.Phil Degree and twenty-four (24) months for a part-time M.Phil degree.
- M.Phil Entry Requirements: The M.Phil entry requirements are a Master’s degree (M.A, M.Ed, M.Sc etc) with less than 60% average (i.e 50%-59%) or a CGPA of 3.00-3.49.
- Number of Courses: Three courses from relevant areas, which must include 1. Thesis 2. Research Methods and two relevant courses in the area of study
How to Apply for DELSU Postgraduate Admission Form
Candidates are required to visit https://portal.delsu.edu.ng/ and complete the Delta State University, Abraka 2022/2023 PG Admission Form online and to also generate a virtual application pin of N31.000.00 (thirty-one thousand naira) only. Payment should be made at any of the following designated banks:
- Zenith Bank,
- Unity Bank,
- Fidelity Bank.
The Closing date for the sale of DELSU postgraduate forms will be 31st December 2022.
Note: Applicants are to upload scanned copies of the following documents in pdf format:
- Transcript of all previous qualifications obtained
- WASC; NECO; GCE or NABTEB Certificate (not TC II)
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption or Exclusion Certificate received from NYSC Office only
- A 3–5 page research proposal indicating the area of research interest (for PhD candidates)
- Candidates are advised to read the instructions on the home page of the Website portal.delsu.edu.ng before completing the Application Form.
In addition, candidates are expected to download transcript forms and forward the same to their previous institutions. A list of those offered provisional admission into any programme will be published in the Postgraduate School at Abraka Campus. Screening of provisionally admitted candidates and payment of fees will commence immediately.