CVC_AIES Innovation Challenge: The CVCNU (Committee of Vice-Chancellors of Nigerian Universities) is now accepting applications from students or staff of any Public or Private University in Nigeria for its 2022 CVC_AIES Innovation Challenge. The closing date for the submission of applications is August 4, 2022.
Calling all younger innovators from universities in Nigeria! This is your opportunity to win cash awards and is acknowledged as one of the nation’s pinnacle 20 innovators. Apply right now for the 2022 CVC-AEIS Innovation Challenge.
The CVC-AEIS Innovation Challenge is in line with the innovation direction of the Committee of Vice-Chancellors of Nigerian Universities (CVCNU) to deepen and amplify technology solutions, as well as to create employment through bankable cohorts of businesses from the university system. Innovators will come from Nigeria’s university system and provide unique impact solutions to the competition’s focus challenge areas.
CVC_AIES Innovation Challenge Focus Areas
- Agriculture: Prioritise yield improvement, storage, processing, and cut down post-harvest losses. Target crop value chains are – maize, rice, cowpea, soya bean, and aquaculture.
- Environment: Your solutions should deploy renewable energy, creatively impacting a large market in Nigeria & climate action in delivery.
- ICT (emerging tech & IoT): To be considered, your submission must solve a Nigerian or African problem leveraging emerging technologies and the IoT’s massive complex of solutions.
- Security: Nigeria faces a myriad of security challenges relating to different sectors. Pick one and work on a viable solution.
CVC_AIES Innovation Challenge Eligibility
- Your solution must come from any of these four areas or a hybrid of them, namely: Agriculture, Environment, ICT (emerging tech & IoT); and Security.
- Individual applications will be disqualified. The application must be as a team (not less than 2 founding members). Student-staff innovation collaboration is allowed. Any team that is applying must comprise students and university staff. The team must also contain at least one female founder or co-founder. Ideal Team = Univ staff + University (undergraduate or postgraduate) where one of the core team leaders is female.
- The application will consider equal representation from the six (6) geo-political zones of Nigeria.
- Solutions in the MVP and Post-MVP stage will be considered. Early-stage innovation solutions with a clear pathway to profit will also be considered. However, MVP and Post-MVP solutions stand the highest chance of scaling through to the top. Get creative! Get Innovative!
- All solutions must be an inclusive business that puts women and youths (18-35) at the forefront and must have a core team comprising up to 40% women.
CVC_AIES Innovation Challenge Benefits
- The Challenge shall recognize the top 20 innovators from across the country and the top three (3) winners shall get cash prizes from the Committee of Vice-Chancellors of Nigerian Universities (CVCNU).
- All participants with viable innovation shall gain a 100% scholarship to product-lab and enterprise-lab training as well as full access to tech events, innovation acceleration, and global investors.
How to Apply for CVC_AIES Innovation Challenge
The programme will only accept the top 300 most innovative solutions from across Nigeria. If your application for the challenge is accepted, the organizers will contact you via email. If you do not receive an email, it is because your application did not meet the requirements to participate in this challenge. You will, however, be a part of the CVC Ecosystem Tech Conference, so keep an eye out for that email.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.