Ahmadu Bello University IJMB
We’re glad to inform the general public that the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) School of Basic and Remedial Studies (SBRS) admission forms into its IJMB and remedial programmes for the 2020/2021 academic term are now on sale.
Therefore, suitably qualified candidates are hereby invited for admission into the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Basic (IJMB) and Remedial programmes for the 2020/2021 academic term.
Before we proceed let’s know the meaning of IJMB.
What is the meaning of IJMB?
The term IJMB means Interim Joint Matriculation Board is an Advanced Level (A’level) program of 9-month being supervised, run, and moderated by Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
IJMB was set up to serve as an alternative method of gaining admission into a tertiary institution in Nigeria into 200 level via Direct Entry (D.E) form.
IJMB – Interim Joint Matriculation Board is a nine-month Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria moderated Advanced Level (A’Level) programme. IJMB is a federal government programme approved programme, IJMB is moderated by Ahmadu Bello University, ABU Zaria, and IJMB is certified by Nigerian University Commission (NUC).
The Basic (IJMB) programme is an Advance Level Programme intended for candidates aspiring to gain admission into any Nigerian University through Direct Entry (DE). It lasts for Twelve (12) months but the Remedial programme lasts for nine (9) months. At the end of the programme, successful students will be admitted into Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria.
Ahmadu Bello University IJMB Admission Requirements.
Basic (IJMB) Studies Programme
i. Candidates for this programme must possess a minimum of five (5) credits including English Language and Mathematics in not more than two sittings with any of the following subject combinations:
BS1: Biology, Chemistry, Physics;
BS2: Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics;
BS3: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics;
BS4: Chemistry, Geography, Physics;
BS5: Mathematics, Geography, Physics.
ii. Candidates admitted for the Basic Studies Programme are also expected to register for 2021 JAMB Direct Entry Admission.
iii. The duration of the Basic Studies Programme is twelve (12) months only.
Ahmadu Bello University IJMB Remedial Admission Requirements.
Remedial Studies Programme
i. Candidates for this programme must possess at least three (3) credits in science subjects (in not more than one sitting) with any of the under listed subject combinations and any two passes at ‘O’ level in the other subjects offered in the school.
RS1: Biology, Chemistry, Geography;
RS2: Biology, Chemistry, Physics;
RS3: Biology, Geography, Physics;
RS4: Chemistry, Geography, Physics.
ii. Candidates admitted for the Remedial Studies must register and pass at credit level the SSCE or NECO in the subjects they are deficient.
iii. Candidates must also register for the 2021/2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and obtain the minimum pass mark approved by the Federal Government and must choose Ahmadu Bello University as the first choice.
iv. The duration of the Remedial Studies Programme is twelve (12) months only.
How to apply for Ahmadu Bello University Basic & Remedial Admission Form.
- Interested applicants are to obtain an “E-Transaction Pin” at the sum of ₦ 5,000.00 only in order to apply. An additional sum of N200.00 will also be charged as Bank charges.
- The E-Transaction Pin can be obtained at either ABU Micro Finance Bank, Zaria, or via PAY DIRECT PLATFORM at First Bank PLC or any other Commercial Bank nationwide. A Pin will be generated, printed, and issued to the applicants after payment.
- Visit: www.sbrsabu.org website and click on the “Application” link from the menu.
- Complete the form as required. Note: Uploading your picture (120px x 120px and 40kb) is required.
- After completing the form, a print preview page will be displayed for you to print. Simply click on the “Print” button to print your form. Print at least 2 copies for your perusal.
- You are to print your “Pre-Entrance Exam Card” in two (2) copies from the website also.
- You may wish to “reprint” or “edit” your submitted form, by visiting the “Application” link again.
Does Ahmadu Bello University accept IJMB?
Yes, they do. IJMB program is moderated by Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. IJMB is designed to solve problems of admission for candidates seeking admission into the universities without Jamb.
For further information/help, please call: 080 8464 8930, 080 8464 8946, 080 9779 3009.
Deadline: Not Specified.
If you think this post can be helpful to someone else, please share it. There are buttons below for easy sharing.